January 2022 Newsletter
Happy New Year! We hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday break and are ready to get back to dance this upcoming week! If you are receiving this email, your student is registered for the 2021 Spring Semester here at CDA and we couldn’t be more excited to see everyone back and welcome some new faces! Classes will resume next Monday, JANUARY 10th for the Spring Semester! Please read through the entirety of this email as there is a lot of important information regarding the upcoming semester!
1) TUITION: Tuition will be processed when classes start on Monday, January 10th. You do not need to do anything for this unless you receive an email saying that your tuition for January could not be processed. For those that are new to CDA, we ask that you make sure you have a credit card on file with us through your CDA Account. Tuition will be prorated for the amount of classes in this month! Tuition for February-May will be charged on the first of the month for the full month rate listed on the website. Please note: If you wish to pay by check or cash, we ask that you pay two months at a time. There will be a $10 late fee added to your account if tuition is not received by the 5th of the month. You can log on to your account to view the classes your dancers are enrolled in, update payment information, and view your statements by visiting the link below:
2) ENROLLMENT/ADDING CLASSES: If your student was registered for the Fall, enrollment for this semester automatically rolls over. You do not need to re-register your student and their class date, time, location will be the same unless you have received otherwise communication. Please see our “Studio Policies” detailing if you need to withdraw your student. We need a two-week notice before the first of the month in order to not be charged for the upcoming month. Enrollment will close at the end of February, as that is when we will start working on Spring Production dances so we ask that if your dancer commits to the show, that they stay through May!
The beginning of the semester is also a great time to add those classes your dancer has been curious about like Jazz, or Hip Hop (plus they get to be in more dances for our Spring Production)! They are always welcome to try out a class before registering but right now, we have plenty of openings in Jazz, Lyrical, and all levels of our Hip Hop classes! Classes start Monday and will go through the last full week of May (Saturday, May 28th). You can view available classes with openings by visiting your account link above!
We also have added some new classes this semester! See below for classes that have room in each age group!
- Ballet 2 (Mondays) 4:00-4:45
- Jazz 1 (Mondays) 4:00-4:45
- Jazz 2 (Tuesdays) 4:45-5:30
- Ballet 1 (Tuesdays) 4:00-4:45
- Ballet 2 (Wednesdays) 4:45-5:30
- Ballet/Tap Combo 1 (Thursdays) 4:00-5:00
- Ruby Hip Hop (Fridays) 4:30-5:15
- Ballet 4 (Mondays) 6:45-7:45
- Ballet 5 (Mondays) 7:45-8:45
- Ballet 5 (Thursdays) 4:00-5:00
- Emerald Hip Hop (Fridays) 5;15-6:15
- Intermediate Contemporary (Mondays) 6:45-7:45
- Sapphire Hip Hop (Mondays) 7:45-8:45
- Intermediate Ballet (Wednesdays) 4:30-6:00
!!CALLING ALL BROTHERS!!
Mr. Case teaches a fun “Boys Dance” class on Fridays from 6:00-7:00pm. It is a combination of all styles of dance and is a fun intro for those brothers who may dance around with their sisters at home, but don’t necessarily want to be in a class full of girls ;). Free trial classes available!
- Fridays 6:00-7:00pm (Ages 5-10)
3) FRIENDLY REMINDER FOR DRESS CODE: All of these items can be ordered through our Dance Store on the corner by Tokyo Joes at 2519 S Shields St! Dance store hours are Mon-Thurs 4-6pm starting next Monday (1/10). Please visit our Office Manager, Shauna at the front desk (main studio) between those times and she can take you over to the dance store! All dancers should have their attire below by the end of January at the latest!
- Tiny Tots: Hair securely pulled back, pink leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, and black tap shoes. Dancers can wear a skirt if it is attached to their leotard. Boys in a white t-shirt, black shorts, black ballet shoes, and black tap shoes
- Ballet (Levels 1-8 and Fast Track): Hair in a bun, black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes (leather for Levels 1-3, canvas for Levels 4-8 and Fast Track). Boys in a white t-shirt, black shorts or tights, and black ballet shoes
- Jazz (Levels 1-3): Hair in a ponytail, black leotard, black shorts or jazz pants and tan jazz shoes
- Jazz/Lyrical (Levels 4-9): Hair in a ponytail, black leotard, black shorts or jazz pants, tan jazz shoes, and tan “Pirouette” shoes
- Hip Hop: Hair in ponytail, comfortable clothing that dancers can move freely in, black tennis shoes with white sole (sold in our dance store)
4) COVID-19 Regulations: CDA will continue to follow all government and local regulations and recommendations regarding COVID-19. Please note that given the current Larimer County mask mandate, masks are required for all persons Ages 3+ while inside the studio. We also ask that you limit family members inside the lobby area to the best of your ability and try to remain socially distanced. CDA Staff will be diligent about wiping down barres and surfaces in between classes and will continue deep cleaning and sanitizing the floors, door handles, and bathrooms regularly.
5) CONTACT: Please note, we don’t always have someone at the studio to answer the phone. The best way to get a hold of us is by emailing us at info@contemporarydanceacademy.
6) NUTCRACKER DIGITAL DOWNLOAD: It is not too late to order your DVD of our beautiful productions of “Clara and the Nutcracker”! Please allow 2-3 weeks for us to duplicate and distribute them but if you wish to purchase, please email back to this email with the following information:
- First and Last Name:
- Dancers Name:
- Show you want to purchase (Friday at 7pm, Saturday at 2pm, or Saturday at 7pm):
- CDA has my permission to charge the card on file for the $20 DVD fee: Yes/No
7) NUTCRACKER PHOTOS AVAILABLE NOW: The wonderful, Lexi Evans took in studio and on stage photos during Dress Rehearsal for our productions of Clara and the Nutcracker and they are AVAILABLE NOW! Please see below for a note from Lexi and how to download your dancers photos TODAY!
“Congratulations to everyone involved in CDA’s Nutcracker! Thank you all for your patience in editing these photos. I shot over 2,000 images for each dress rehearsal, so paring down and retouching was quite a task. I hope to finish editing the photos from Thursday dress rehearsal soon!
Click the link below to view and purchase digital downloads and gifts. These photos will be available until January 16th, 2020.
I am offering a special price of $100 for all images of your child from Wednesday Dress. That means all photos in which a student appears in the whole gallery. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to share it with friends and family.
Happy New Year!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
January 10: Spring Classes Start
March 13-20: CLOSED FOR SPRING BREAK
May 20-21: In Studio Spring Production Dress Rehearsals
May 22: Tiny Tot Shows
May 27-28: Spring Production
Thanks so much and we can’t wait to see everyone back next week for another exciting semester!