November 2021 Newsletter
Ok how am I already writing the November Newsletter?! This semester and year have flown by and we are already gearing up for Nutcracker and the Holidays! Please see below for important information on Nutcracker ticket on sale dates, sponsor info, Thanksgiving Break, and more. Please be sure to read through the entire newsletter and let us know if you have any questions!
1) TUITION: Tuition was processed yesterday, Tuesday, November 2nd. You did not need to do anything for this unless you received an email saying that your tuition could not be processed. If you need to update your payment information, please do so by visiting your online account at: https://
2) THANKSGIVING BREAK: The studio will be closed for Thanksgiving Break Monday, November 22nd to Sunday, November 28th. Classes will resume to their regular schedule on Monday, November 29th. We do not charge extra for the weeks that have more than 4 classes, so tuition will not be prorated for the month of November.
3) NUTCRACKER TICKETS: Clara and the Nutcracker tickets go on sale NEXT WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 10th AT NOON! Tickets are $25/person, $20 for Children and Seniors, and $20 for the Livestream option. Infant comps are available. One thing to note is that we will be charging $30 for any tickets that are bought at the door December 10th or 11th, so be sure to get them ahead of time! It is assigned seating and you can purchase tickets by visiting LCTIX.com or calling 970-221-6730! We will send out an email to remind you when tickets are officially live! The show days and times are:
- Friday, December 10th at 7pm
- Saturday, December 11th at 2pm and 7pm
Currently, performers will not be required to wear a mask while on stage, but given the current mask mandate, all audience members Ages 3+ will be required to wear a mask. A negative COVID test or proof of vaccine will not be required to attend our performances.
4) NUTCRACKER PROGRAM SPONSORS: Each year we ask for sponsors to be a part of our production of Clara and the Nutcracker. These sponsors help us to put on the type of production that people from all over the state come to see. Sponsorship packages range from $50-$500 and are a wonderful way to get your business name out there or even just to wish your dancer “Good Luck” on their performance! We will feature ads in our program, which will be seen by over 3,000 people and some packages even include free tickets with preferential seating! Attached to this newsletter is the “Sponsor Packet 2021” with all of the information, and we will have packets available on the news board as well! Please email us at info@contemporarydanceacademy.
5) NUTCRACKER MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSAL DATES: As a reminder, please set aside the following days/times for our mandatory Dress Rehearsals! We will have specific class rehearsal times in the next few weeks but your dancers should be available during the following days/times:
- Saturday, December 4th: DRESS REHEARSAL AND PHOTOS AT CDA (1:00-7:00pm)
- Wednesday, December 8th: DRESS REHEARSAL AT LINCOLN CENTER (4:00-9:00pm)
- Thursday, December 9th: (Ages 9+) Rehearsal for FAST TRACK AND LEADS ONLY (4:00-8:00pm)
6) SPRING PRODUCTION DATES: We have been getting some emails regarding what our dates are for our Spring Productions (thanks to all of those who plan ahead). Unfortunately, Lincoln Center still only had Memorial Day Weekend for our main show. So our dates will be the following:
- May 22- Tiny Tot Show at Lincoln Center
- May 27-28 – Spring Production at Lincoln Center
Please keep these dates marked on your calendar and you can always refer to our Season Calendar on the website if you have questions on any important dates!
Important Upcoming Dates:
November 21-28- CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING BREAK
December 4: In Studio Nutcracker Dress Rehearsal and Photo Day
December 8-11: Nutcracker Dress Rehearsals and Performances
December 12-January 9: CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS BREAK
Thanks so much for your time and please reach out with any questions!