Nutcracker 2019 Newsletter
Our October newsletter is all things Nutcracker for those who have a student participating in the show. Please read through it in its entirety and let us know if you have any questions!
1) TICKETS: Clara and the Nutcracker tickets go on sale NEXT WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH AT NOON! Tickets are $22/person and $18 for Children and Seniors. Infant comps are available. One thing to note is that we will be charging $25 for any tickets that are bought at the door December 13thor 14th so be sure to get them ahead of time! It is assigned seating and you can purchase tickets by visiting LCTIX.com or calling 970-221-6730! We will send out an email to remind you when tickets are officially live! The show days and times are:
- Friday, December 13th at 7pm
- Saturday, December 14th at 2pm and 7pm
2) PROGRAM SPONSORS: Each year we ask for sponsors to be a part of our production of Clara and the Nutcracker. These sponsors help us to put on the type of production that people from all over the state come to see. Sponsorship packages range from $50-$500 and are a wonderful way to get your business name out there or even just to wish your dancer “Good Luck” on their performance! We will feature ads in our program, which will be seen by over 3,000 people and some packages even include free tickets with preferential seating! Please see “Sponsor Packet 2019” for information, and we will have packets available on the news board as well! Please email us at info@contemporarydanceacademy.
3) VOLUNTEERS: As always, we will need all the help we can get backstage this year at the Lincoln Center. We have almost 175 students a part of this year’s production of Clara and the Nutcracker and want to make sure it is a positive experience for all of our dancers. We will need at least 2 volunteers per Ballet class for the dress rehearsal and all 3 shows! Starting next week, we will have sign ups on the news board in the lobby! We will also need help with steaming costumes, load in/out (Dads and brothers appreciated), as well as a few Dads that may have trucks/trailers to help pick up sets, so if you are unable to be backstage for the shows, we can still use your help! Please email info@
4) MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSAL DATES: As a reminder, please set aside the following days/times for our mandatory Dress Rehearsals! We will have specific class rehearsal times in the next few weeks but your dancers should be available during the following days/times:
- Saturday, December 7th: DRESS REHEARSAL AT CDA (1:00-7:00pm)
- Wednesday, December 11th: DRESS REHEARSAL AT LINCOLN CENTER (4:00-9:00pm)
- Thursday, December 12th: (Ages 9+) Rehearsal for FAST TRACK AND LEADS ONLY (4:00-8:00pm)
5) HELP US SPREAD THE WORD: We will be creating an event on Facebook but every “Share” “Like” and “Repost” is greatly appreciated! We will have posters and fliers available if you are able/willing to pass out! Our goal this year is to have our first sold out Lincoln Center performance so we appreciate any help we can get on getting the word out of this wonderful production!