September 2021 Newsletter
Happy September! We hope your dancers are enjoying their classes with us so far! We apologize for the lengthy newsletter, but we have a lot happening in this month! Please take the time to read through it and email info@contemporarydanceacademy.
September full monthly tuition will be processed tonight, Wednesday, September 1st. You do not need to do anything for this unless you received an email saying that your tuition could not be processed. This means we either do not have a card on file for you, it is expired, or there are insufficient funds. Please note that if you wish to pay by check or cash, we do ask for TWO MONTHS payment of tuition. Tuition breakdown can be found here:
And you can access your online portal to view account statements, update payment information, etc. by visiting:
**Note: Our withdrawal policy online states: Enrollment carries over automatically from month to month. If you need to take time off or withdraw your child from class, please notify CDA staff at least two weeks before your payment is due (the 15th of the month prior). If we do not receive this notice, you will be responsible for a full month’s tuition, even if your child does not attend class. If your child attends class anytime during a month, you will be charged a full month’s tuition.
2) CLARA AND THE NUTCRACKER AUDITIONS/INFORMATION:
It is already time to start thinking about our annual production of Clara and the Nutcracker at the Lincoln Center! All of the choreography will be taught during your dancers regular weekly ballet class and we encourage everyone to participate! Auditions this year will be for Fast Track ONLY and everyone else will be assigned a role based on their class. You will be receiving an online form to fill out in order for your dancer to be cast in a role. If your dancer is unable to be a part of it, please email us prior to next Saturday, September 11th and you will have until Saturday, September 25th to “accept” your dancers role!
- Fee- $135 (includes costume rental, Nutcracker T-Shirt, tights)
- Required Rehearsals: During your dancers regular ballet class and December 4th, 8th, and 9th
- Show Dates December 10th and 11th
- Audition times for Fast Track- Saturday, September 11th
- (1:00-2:15) FT Quartz/Jade
- (2:15-3:30) FT Aqua/Turquoise/Amber
- (3:30-4:00) FT Aqua/Amber/Men
**NOTE: Dancers must be in a Ballet class Level 1 or higher in order to participate in this production. Tiny Tots will not be a part of this performance.
IF YOUR DANCER DOES NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE PLEASE EMAIL US NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11TH!
3) CDA COMPANY AUDITIONS (FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH):
CALLING DANCERS AGES 8+! Does your dancer want more performance opportunities throughout the year outside of Nutcracker and our Spring Production? Our CDA Company is just the thing for them! With 2 competitions, one optional competition/convention, an end of year performance, and community outreach events, this is the perfect way for your dancer to get some more “shine time”. Info packet will be emailed out next week, but be sure to SAVE THE DATE: Friday, September 24th from 4:30-6:00pm!
4) STUDIO CLEANING HELP NEEDED:
We are looking for someone who may be in need of tuition assistance to help clean the studio a few times a week (preferably a parent). Our current Mom who does it is willing to walk someone new through the process so please let us know if this is something you would be interested in! Schedule is flexible but typically it is a deep clean 2x/week!
5) DRESS CODE:
We are asking that all dancers have their required uniforms by the week of September 20th. All of the required dress code is available at our dance store located at 2519 S Shields St #1A by Tokyo Joes, online at DiscountDance.com or at Encore Dance Emporium in Loveland! Our Dance Store hours are Monday-Thursday 4:00-6:00pm and you can check out with Shauna at the main front desk! Below is a break down of dress code for your dancers classes:
- Ballet (Levels 1-8 and Fast Track): Hair in a bun, black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes (leather for Levels 1-3, canvas for Levels 4-8 and Fast Track). Boys in a white t-shirt, black shorts or tights, and black ballet shoes
- Jazz (Levels 1-3): Hair in a ponytail, black leotard, black shorts or leggings and tan jazz shoes
- Jazz/Lyrical (Levels 4-9): Hair in a ponytail, black leotard, black shorts or jazz pants, tan jazz shoes, and tan “Pirouette” shoes
- Hip Hop: Hair in ponytail, comfortable clothing that dancers can move freely in, black tennis shoes (sold in our dance store)
6) CLOSED MONDAY FOR LABOR DAY:
This is a friendly reminder that we will be closed on Monday, September 6th for Labor Day. We will still hold our regular classes through Saturday and our normal schedule will resume again on Tuesday!
7) BEST OF NOCO:
WE WON IT LAST YEAR AND WE WANT TO WIN IT AGAIN, SO WE NEED YOUR HELP! We are in the running to be the top dance studio in Fort Collins by NoCo Style Magazine for a second year in a row! If we receive the most votes we will be listed as the #1 Dance Studio in Fort Collins! It only takes about a minute and we would so appreciate all of your help in getting us there! Just follow these instructions below:
- Click HERE https://nocostyle.com/2021-
- Under “Recreation and Entertainment” (Left side of page) select “Dance Studio” Tab
- Click “Contemporary Dance Academy”
- Voting ends September 30th!
8) OFFICE HOURS:
Our Office Manager, Shauna, is at the front desk Mon-Thurs from 4:00-6:00pm. This is when we are available for phone calls. Otherwise, please feel free to contact us through email at info@contemporarydanceacademy.
I think that about wraps up our September Newsletter! Thank you for taking the time to read through everything and we can’t wait for a fun filled month and great start to our 2021/2022 Season! And oh ya, who is ready for Football Season?!